"After my mom's body was placed in the soil, the earth was covered up, and a stone with her name was placed on it.
At that moment, my dad didn't stop looking at us, his children.
He just stared at us for a long time and then smiled, asking if we had eaten.
We answered yes, and he smiled.
It must have been painful; he couldn't cry anymore but had to smile and be strong because he still had us.
My grandparents were suddenly so quiet, filled with pain.
They couldn't say a single word.
They were so lost in their thoughts that even if I went to talk to them or play with them, they couldn't even register my presence.
They were completely numb and lost in their grief.
But then, the burial came to an end, and everyone had to return to their respective homes.
My dad, my mom's sister, my mom twin brothers, I and my brother went with my grandparents, as usual, to their home.
For the first time in my life, I felt sadness.
Perhaps it was my mom's spirit saying goodbye to me, and I could feel her presence no more.
Still very young, I could only feel a sense of sadness.
When my dad noticed my sudden change in mood, he came to me and cheered me up by playing with me."
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment