Chapter Fifteen: A Tough Decision To Make.


 So, my dad came inside and called for a meeting because he didn't want to make any decisions without informing my mom's family. 


Everyone finally came out and sat down in the living room. 


My grandparents, my mom's twin brothers, and my mom's sister were all present, along with my dad.


My dad began, "I apologize for calling you all here so late."


Everyone responded, "That's not a problem. We're here for you."


My dad continued, "Thank you all. You know we just lost someone special, right?"


Everyone nodded and said, "Yes."


My dad explained, "Well, I've been thinking about how to provide a better life for my children without letting them experience the pain of losing their mom. I came up with an idea. I know my wife's sister is still in school, but she strongly resembles my wife. I would like it if she could pretend to be my sons' mom until they reach an age where they can understand the truth. I didn't want to make this decision without discussing it with all of you."


My grandma responded, "That's not a bad idea, son. I don't want my first grandchildren to experience the pain we're going through. I love them too much to let them endure that suffering. They are my only source of joy after losing my daughter. They are the reason I find the strength to keep going despite the pain. Please, Toyin, act as the mother to my grandchildren until they grow up."


My grandpa added, "That's a really good idea. It wouldn't be fair to subject these little ones to pain. I want them to play and be happy, even as we grieve."


The twin brothers chimed in, "We agree with that."


My mom's sister, Toyin, said, "This is going to be a tough decision for me. I'm almost finished with school; I just have one more semester left. However, I also don't want my elder sister's children to endure so much pain. I need some time to think about it before making a decision. I'll need a while to contemplate, and then I'll make my decision."


My dad responded, "Of course, please take your time to think about it. I would appreciate it if you said yes, as it would mean a lot to me. Thank you all for coming to this meeting. I don't know what to say, but I wouldn't have been able to cope with this pain without all of you. Thank you all so much."


Everyone expressed their gratitude, saying, "We thank God."


After the meeting, they prayed together, and everyone went back to their rooms. 


My mom's sister was facing one of the toughest decisions in her life in the coming days: whether to quit school and become our mother or continue her education and let her little nephews experience the pain of losing their mom.


What a challenging decision this was going to be. 


After a few days, she finally made her choice, which was going to astonish everyone.

Comments