"But the clock was ticking, and my mom's body wouldn't be in the hospital after a week.
It would be disappointing not to give her a good, befitting burial.
My dad then took his phone and first called his sisters, but to be sincere with you, I still don't really know their names, even till today.
I know them, though, but their names just don't stick in my head. I hope in the future, they do stick.
So, my dad called them and told them the news. As he was telling them, he had so many tears in his eyes that even though I was a kid, I asked my dad,
"Why are you crying, Dad? Why are there so many tears in your eyes?"
My dad said, "Nothing, son, I just finished cutting onions."
I laughed and said, "Then onions are stronger than you."
My dad laughed too and said, "Yeah, onions are tough. Go and play outside with your brother, okay?"
I replied, "Okay, daddy, I won't let him beat me."
My dad smiled and watched me go out to play.
At that moment, he realized that he had to keep living for me and my younger brother.
He realized he had to make us someone great, so as to make our mom proud, wherever she is."
.png)
Comments
Post a Comment